flicker

  • seasidefarm
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 11:58 PM
      ON April 29 I saw and heard a Northern flicker in a birch tree at
      Seaside Farm--unusual. They used to be more common, but now rarely
      seen here.
      Also one Yellow rumped warbler forging in the alder bushes, then
      heading East, I was excited to see the first warbler of the year--
      though it was snowing up on skyline drive ! To prove it is spring a
      Golden Crowned sparrow sang this morning , accompanied by 4 or 5 very
      loud and cheery Fox sparrows.
      Mossy