Re:Anchorage 17th & 18th

  • Jean Eaton
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2010
      Thank you for posting your local bird sightings at Huffman and Birch. I
      live on the north side of Upper Little Campbell Creek below Woodburn Ave
      and a little to the North of Upper Huffman. I have not seen a single red
      poll or red breasted nuthatch. I was wondering where they were. Pine
      Grosbeaks have always been rare here, haven't seen one this year.
      A few bc and boreal chickadees are coming around. Hairys and Downys and
      Gray Jays show up most days. I especially enjoy the woodpeckers, because
      they let me know when they are here. I'll be busy doing something, and
      I'll hear the chirp! Their acrobatics are fun to watch on the hanging
      suet feeders. I rendered some fat (can't remember what it was) and they
      won't touch it, they want the nasty ground fat from a grocery store meat
      department. I always worry that it will kill them.
      I enjoy all the birding reports, but especially want to know what people
      are seeing on their feeders.
      42 degrees, shining and dripping out there!
      Jean