Sat Homer & back

  • ak_zukes
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2009
      Took a quick drive to try and see the Homer Hummer.
      Buffleheads & Swans at Cooper Landing
      The weather was incredibly nasty in Homer with most of the birds on the lee of the spit. I did see one very nice Pacific variety Common Eider in close & a Thick-billed Murre at Land's End. Also, a Northern Shrike in town. 350+ Rock Sandpiper's in the Homer Boat harbor at the ramp. Everything was trying to escape the wind.
      The Anna's Hummingbird did not show, although it had been around earlier in the morning. (Thanks to Aaron for letting me look)....

      100 Common Goldeneyes & 18 Snow Buntings at Anchor River.

      Steve Waltz