Re: [AK Birding] Identification of Blue Bird with Black Head in West Anchorage

  • Anita Gomez
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2009
      Thank you for more responses. Someone wanted to know the location and I got more detail from my mom about the gray bird:

      We are in Anchorage (Turnagain Neighborhood), very close to the corner of Aero &
      Westland. I spotted the one lone Stellar Jay a couple of days ago, that'a
      when my mom mentioned the flock of four birds on our front porch, she saw them about October 14. The gray one, which was one of the 4 birds
      was the same size, she's not sure if it had a crest or not, she
      they were feeding together, hopping about pecking and eating something on my son's
      bicycle tires. We just bought some unsalted peanuts and some indian corn ears put them in front of 3 windows, hopefully something happens. The Gomez Family