Anchorage is beoming the Blue-winged Teal capital of the US.

  • davidsonne@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      This morning the male Blue-winged Teal was sitting in the same spot on the NE corner of Westchesr Lagoon still hanging out with a small group of Shovellors, Green-winged TEal, scaup,etc.
      There was a second male at Spenard? Crossing sitting on the south side about 50 feet from Spenard Road.
      Dave S.

    • John Wenger
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2009
        I enjoyed Dave's Subject Title of Anchorage becoming the "Blue-winged Teal
        capital of the U. S.". It is great to see something different around here.
        However, about four years ago, I spotted five male Blue-wings on ponds
        alongside the scenic Denali Hwy. The best time to make that tour for birds
        is about the first week in June. John Wenger Anchorage

        Go, my Sons, burn your books. Buy yourself stout shoes. Get away to
        the mountains, the valleys, the shores of the seas, the deserts, and the
        deepest recesses of the earth. In this way and no other, will you find true
        knowledge of things and their properties.

        Peter Severinus, 16th. century Dane educator