swans

  • davidsonne@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
      On a quick drive by Lake Hood this morning (Probably 60 frozen there was a group of about 0 misc. ducks, a funny looking grebe which is going almost certainly to turn out to be Horned and what I believe is a very late Tundra Swan.
      Dave Sonneborn
      Anchorage
      October 2, 2005

    • Delesta Fox
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2006
        Last night I talked with my friend, Robin Boulding, that lives on the Tanana river. On their way to Manley, they saw well over 1,000, YES THAT IS CORRECT, 1,000 swans on the river. As they slowly approached in their boat, the swans would lift off in groups of 200 to 300.

        Hopefully, someone in the valley will see this migration.

        Delesta Fox

      • davidsonne@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2010
          There were two Trumpeter and a single Tundra Swan at Spenard Crossing this
          afternoon.
          David Sonneborn
          Anchorage
          Sunday

        • swinak@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
            3 killdeers at the Old chugach cooling pond at shipcreek. 12:20pm