Blue-winged Teal

  • davidsonne@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2009
      There?was ?a male Blue-winged Teal at Spenard Crossing today about1300.
      David Sonneborn

      Anchorage

      Saturday,May 9

    • gowildandbird
      Message 2 of 8 , May 31, 2010
        Today, Sunday at about 6pm, the "pond"- the one adjacent the fish viewing platform at Westchester Lagoon was surprisingly productive. Being right alongside the Coastal Trail, birds there were all within a stone's-throw away; most were within 50 feet for amazing views. The usual Yellow-legs, both Greater and Lesser, offered super side-by-side views for comparisons. Two Dowitchers (Short-billed, I suspect) were also feeding, and a Spotted Sandpiper bounced around on the far side. But the highlight were the duck species- a dozen Mallard ducklings spuddered about, several pairs of Greater Scaup loafed around, Wigeons, and Green-winged Teal complimented the Anatidae...except, with its gorgous breeding plumage was a lone male BLUE-WINGED TEAL! Twenty feet away! I have seen them before in Alaska (along the Denali Hwy.) but not this close. So, check him out if you can- he is splendid. John Wenger Anchorage
      • spinscan
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2015

          At least one blue-winged Teal at Spenard crossing now 1:40 pm Wed.

          G Wohlgemuth

          Sent by my Droid
        • David Sonneborn
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2015
            Extreme east end is Lake Spenard by hotel

            Sent from my iPhone
          • David Sonneborn
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 15, 2015
              Pair at Spenard Crossing now
              Dave S

              Sent from my iPhone
            • spinscan
              Message 6 of 8 , May 17, 2016

                One lone Blue -winged teal at Spenard Crossing hanging with the  Green-winged now 7:15am.

                Gayland Wohlgemuth
                Anchorage

                Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
              • spinscan
                Message 7 of 8 , May 17, 2016
                  Has moved to Westchester lagoon by the western most island.

                  G Wohlgemuth

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 19, 2016
                    Westerly Island
                    Westchester Lagoon