Cliff Swallows

  • ursus_8
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2009
      While raking leaves 7 cliff swallows showed up and were actively calling and feeding. I assume they were feeding on the big and slow early mosquitos. They stayed and fed in the area for about 45 minutes before heading north.

      Tom Evans
      Anchorage (Oceanview area)
    • Aaron Lang
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2010
        Three CLIFF SWALLOWS hawking bugs at Land's End, Homer Spit yesterday (8/6)
        are on the late side and just a few days shy of the latest I've seen them
        here. There have been a few FORK-TAILED STORM PETRELS near the end of the
        spit during the last week as well.

        Good birding,

        Aaron Lang
        Homer