Dunlins are here!

  • tjbluebird
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      Monday afternoon I was birding out on the mudflats just off the end of the airport in seward. it was a very low tide, and i spotted 3 dunlins feeding far out on the mud flats near the rock jetty. they were still in their winter plumage.
      we also spotted 4 rock sandpipers and one black legged kittiwake.

      back at my feeders i counted 112 Redpoles!Pine Siskins,Boreal chickadees,black cappped and chestnut backed chickadee, Hairy woodpecker,downey woodpecker, redbreasted nuthatches, and 8 white winged crossbills.
      spring is on its way! i can hardly wait to see the cranes over head!

      enjoy
      Tasha