Adak birding Feb 28th

  • ksrskidoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2009
      After all the recent storms out of the South West we have been blessed
      with some interesting birds this weekend.

      The family of 5 Whooper swans are still in Lake Andrew.

      1 drake and 2 hen Tufted ducks in Smew pond

      Several Goosanders were found in the fast flowing creeks around the
      airport and Shagak bay.

      And an adult Vega gull was seen feeding at the outflow for the fish
      plant.

      Also of note is the report I got of six unidentified CRANES flying over
      head by the fuel farm last night. I rushed down there myself but was
      not able to locate before dark.

      Isaac Helmericks
      Adak Island