Northern Hawk Owl catches lunch while I'm photographing it.

  • gary_rasmussen2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008
      This afternoon I was photographing a Northern Hawk Own, from 50 feet
      away, when it suddenly pounced on a vole. The Owl was on the fence
      along the back side of international airport. After catching the vole
      the Owl returned to the fence, in front of me. I've posted a series of
      ten pictures of the event, at the following link:

      http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/919235/

      Also this afternoon I photographed a Magpie in my yard with a large
      tumor, the size of my thumb, on its foot. It also had a second small
      growth on it beak. Has anyone else seen similar deformities?

      Gary Rasmussen
      Anchorage, AK