Re: [AK Birding] Eiders at Kaktovik

  • Chris Maack
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2008
      They're spectacled eiders all right.

      Chris Maack
      Anchorage

      On Jul 13, 2008, at 4:03 PM, twisted_birch wrote:

      > I just posted a picture under Deb C of four ducks I saw last week on
      > the west end of Barter Island (Beaufort Sea). Two of them look like
      > common eiders, but the other two seem to be spectacled eiders. Can
      > anyone verify my identification? According to the Sibley guide I have
      > it says they don't hang out together.
      > Deb

    • Grace Mischenko
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2008
        I hope you all had a great weekend! Our family is heading to Seward this weekend to go camping, and I was wondering if someone could give me some good ideas of places to see some unique birds to the area. We live in the Valley, and would LOVE to check off a lot of new birds down there! We plan to go to the SeaLife Center. Also, anyone have a campground they can recommend? We haven't been there in years, and the kids never have.

        You know what, my 3.5yo is my best bird buddy! He can spot them like crazy and is great about being quiet and can identify most of the common ones around here!GraceAlaskan Homeschooling mom to sixwww.homeschoolblogger.com/gmisch