upcoming Anchorage event

  • Beth Peluso
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      I thought I'd pass this along as the bird walk portion caught my attention (alas, I won't be in Anchorage then). I was just out at Potter Marsh a couple weeks ago and the new boardwalk is pretty schnazzy. Here's the blurb from AK Dept. of Fish and Game:
      Potter Marsh Grand Opening
      Saturday, July 26, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
      Early Morning Bird Walk 7 a.m.
      Falconry demonstration 12:30 p.m.

      Potter Marsh is much improved. Help us celebrate the $3.1 million improvements to Anchorage�s popular wildlife viewing area. This family-friendly event brings you nature-related games and prizes, invertebrate sampling, birding stations along the boardwalk, shuttle tours for wildlife viewing around the marsh, birds from Bird TLC, educational animals from the Alaska Zoo, a rehabilitated eagle release, ADF&G Mobile Aquatic Classroom and more. There will also be an early morning bird walk the same day of the event at 7 a.m.
      Event sponsors include ConocoPhillips Alaska, Alaska Department of Fish and Game, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Alaska Zoo, Bird TLC, MOA Parks and Recreation, Anchorage Audubon, Anchorage Waterways Council, Ducks Unlimited and Audubon Alaska.
      For information, call 267-2168.
      Enjoy!Beth Peluso
      Juneau