Adak Update June 2, 2008

  • fbhaas@ptd.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008
      We found a Northern Wheatear today near the "Blue building" complex at the
      northwest corner of Clam Lagoon.
      This is only the second spring record and third record overall for Adak.

      The Common Greenshank and Brambling are still here as well as 23 Sandhill
      Cranes.

      The previous record count of Sandhill Cranes for Adak was 12 and the most
      on any Aleutian Island was 20 on Attu. This current flock numbered 40+
      during the last two weeks or so.

      Photos from our current trip can be viewed at
      http://picasaweb.google.com/FranklinHaas/AdakMayJune2008

      Frank & Barb Haas