Snow Buntings

  • Doug Lloyd
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
      I saw a flock of about 20 Snow Buntings at the Palmer Airport todayabot
      11. Are any of you seeing them in other locations in south central? I
      would really like to get some pictures of them.
      Doug
    • bobncharlie
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 23, 2005
        Today Wed. 23 November Charlie saw 60 Snow Buntings in the Plant
        Material Center's field. The Center is South and East of Palmer about
        four miles. We have seen them there other years, but this is a large
        number for this early in the winter.
      • Chris Maack
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 23, 2005
          On a short walk from home to the ball fields at Tikishla Park, a flock
          of what I guessed were waxwings flew over and alit in a tall
          cottonwood. Not all of them appeared to be the same size, so I checked
          them out and over half were robins! First time I've seen that many
          robins at this time of year, or robins mixed with waxwings. I think
          there were 10-15 robins in the flock. Some went over to another tree
          that was populated with magpies, as if they weren't sure who to hang
          with.

          Chris Maack
          Anchorage
        • bobncharlie
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 20, 2006
            The 19th of Dec. Charlie and I saw a large flock of (about 150) snow
            buntings on the western edge of the Plant Material Center field. This
            field is about 2 miles south of the Butte and about 1/2 north of the
            Knik River. In winters past we have also seen large flocks there with
            their numbers increasing as the winter goes on.
          • wax4fun
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7, 2010
              i saw a flock of about two dozen snow buntings along the Talkeetna Spur Rd. at mile 9.5. These guys are some of our earliest migrants and I don't see 'em every year.
              Chris Mannix
              Talkeetna
            • w
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 11, 2012
                Saturday Afternoon, the Great Grays did not put in an appearance during our late afternoon walk at the Compost Facility, but 3 Snow Buntings showed up at close range. Great looking birds as a consolation prize.

                w keys
                Spenard
              • Keith Confer
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 12, 2013
                  10 present at the South Anchorage Sports Authority at 9:00 AM on 4/12/2013.

                  kacbirder

                  Sent from Keith's iPhone