Re: Albino-type Bohemian Waxwing

  • gary_rasmussen2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2008
      Carol,
      You captured a wonderful picture of a leucistic Bohemian Waxwing next
      to a normally pigmented bird. An excellent picture. However, it is
      not an albino, it is leucistic. A leucistic bird or animal has
      pigment which is pale, lacking intensity of color. An albino is
      devoid of pigment. An albino has all white hair or feathers and the
      irises of the eyes are pink, colored only by the presents of blood.

      Gary Rasmussen