Stilt Sandpiper

  • ditthead
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 10 5:51 PM
      There is a juvenile Stilt Sandpiper feeding along with lesser
      yellowlegs, a juvenile Hudsonian Godwit and of course mallards in
      search of wonderbread. See photos in Bob Dittrick's photo album. It was
      there yesterday too. It is feeding mainly close to the inflow and often
      directly in front of the parked cars.
    • G Tans
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 10 6:11 PM
        Bob, where is the location of this stilt sandpiper?
        Gordon Tans
        Anchorage

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 10 8:03 PM
          Sorry the Stilt Sandpiper is at Spenard crossing near the inflow.---
          In AKBirding@yahoogroups.com, "G Tans" <tansgo@...> wrote:

          > Bob, where is the location of this stilt sandpiper?
          > Gordon Tans
          > Anchorage
          >

          > On 8/10/07, ditthead <bob@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > There is a juvenile Stilt Sandpiper feeding along with lesser
          > > yellowlegs, a juvenile Hudsonian Godwit and of course mallards in
          > > search of wonderbread. See photos in Bob Dittrick's photo album.
          It was
          > > there yesterday too. It is feeding mainly close to the inflow and
          often
          > > directly in front of the parked cars.

        • Gordon Tans
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 10 9:27 PM
            Having deduced Bob was referring to Spenard Road crossing in
            Anchorage(wonderbread being the best clue), Peggy and I visited there
            tonight (Friday) and found the Stilt Sandpiper at about 7.30 PM. It was
            about 30-40 yards west of the Spenard Road bridge on the south side of the
            lake.

            Thanks Bob!

            Gordon Tans
            Anchorage

            Sorry the Stilt Sandpiper is at Spenard crossing near the inflow.--- In
            AKBirding@yahoogroups.com, "G Tans" <tansgo@...> wrote:

            > Bob, where is the location of this stilt sandpiper?
            > Gordon Tans
            > Anchorage
            >

            > On 8/10/07, ditthead <bob@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > There is a juvenile Stilt Sandpiper feeding along with lesser
            > > yellowlegs, a juvenile Hudsonian Godwit and of course mallards in
            > > search of wonderbread. See photos in Bob Dittrick's photo album.
            It was
            > > there yesterday too. It is feeding mainly close to the inflow and
            often
            > > directly in front of the parked cars.

            Remember -- Be nice!
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Chris Maack
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 10 11:23 PM
              Betty Friest called me after reading your posts and we went to Spenard
              Xing and saw the Stilt also. Betty spotted him, feeding frenetically
              near a godwit, at about 10:00 p.m.

              Chris Maack
              Anchorage

              On Aug 10, 2007, at 9:27 PM, Gordon Tans wrote:

              > Having deduced Bob was referring to Spenard Road crossing in
              > Anchorage(wonderbread being the best clue), Peggy and I visited there
              > tonight (Friday) and found the Stilt Sandpiper at about 7.30 PM. It
              > was
              > about 30-40 yards west of the Spenard Road bridge on the south side
              > of the
              > lake.
              >
              > Thanks Bob!
              >
              > Gordon Tans
              > Anchorage

            • rosyfinch2u
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 12 8:15 PM
                The Stilt Sandpiper was at Spenard Crossing this afternoon, feeding
                along the edge of the pond. There were 42 Dowitchers resting on the
                little islands nearby. In the west pond there were 6 Red-necked
                grebes, 2 Greater Yellowlegs, 6 female scaup at least 3 of which had
                young ones, and mallards. It was also very nice to see a Belted
                Kingfisher there.
                survina
              • Aaron Bowman
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 13, 2013

                  Was just out at Carr-Gottstein park and saw the Stilt Sandpiper that Peter S. had seen earlier today.  It was still in the brackish ponds a  couple hundred meters NW of the viewing area.

                  Aaron Bowman