Re: [AK Birding] Rufous hummingbird

  • SJPeterson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      In a message dated 7/30/2007 10:34:38 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
      hannahfrenier@... writes:

      A single Rufous hummingbird briefly visited a fuscia hanging basket this
      evening at a home locatied near Hillside Drive and O'Malley Road.

      Hannah Frenier
      Rabbit Creek
      Anchorage, Ak

      Awesome! Any idea what age / sex it might have been? I suspect that the
      adult males have left the state already, or are at least close to doing so if
      they haven't already (they migrate first), but some people are adament that
      they still have adult males into August... I'd love to get a better handle on
      the status and distribution of these guys in this region.

      Cheers,

      --Stacy Jon Peterson
      20252 Lucas Ave
      Eagle River, AK 99577
      SJPeterson@...
      Alaska Wildlife Photos: _www.alaskafocus.net_ (http://www.alaskafocus.net/)
      Hummingbird Research: _www.trochilids.com_ (http://www.trochilids.com/)

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
        It's also the time to think of other species. I thought that all the Rufous had pretty much left Girdwood by the third week of July.
        ?DaveS.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
          I got a long good look at a female Rufous while lounging on a beach in Blackstone Bay last Friday, July 27th, because she keep buzzing one of my red dry bags.

          -Blair

          SJPeterson@aol. com

          ************ ********* ********* ******** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

          http://discover. aol.com/memed/ aolcom30tour