Re: alder flycatchers

  • ksrskidoo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2007
      I have the CD set "Bird songs of Alaska" by Leonard J. Peyton. I use it
      quite a bit. I was wondering if there is any other resources for Alaska
      bird songs?

      Thanks,
      Isaac Helmericks
      Anchorage

      --- In AKBirding@yahoogroups.com, "kbuesseler" <kbuesseler@...> wrote:

      > I heard two birds on the coastal trail yesterday just north of the
      > lagoon that I wasn't sure of although I've heard them a lot in
      > Ninilchik. After listening to the CD last night they were definitely
      > alder flycatchers. I'm not sure that I've heard them before in
      Anch.
      > There were also several orange crowned wablers in the same area.
      > Kathy Buesseler
      > Anchorage

    • Isaac Helmericks
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2007
        On lunch today I walked around Connor's bog trails. Numerous Alder flycatchers
        were calling and feeding on the plethora of bugs. Don't go to the bog without
        bug dope! Tried to get some good pictures but they don't like to sit still
        very long. I noticed that these Alders rarely flicked their tails like some of
        the other flycatchers. Is this common for them?

        Isaac Helmericks
        Anchorage, Alaska

        Message has been checked for viruses by AAG MailScan