A Miserable Failure

  • wkeys_99503
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2007
      I am ashamed. I'm a disgrace. I have dishonored my family for years
      to come. Last night on the Minnesota Bypass near Spenard Crossing, a
      bird jumped out of the bushes in front of me. I hit the brakes and
      swerved before I saw that it was a freakin' STARLING!

      I'm not worthy of birding. I'm taking up Mah Jongg. It's been nice
      knowing all of you, but I'm signing off for the last time.

      w keys
      former birder
    • Chris Maack
      Message 2 of 4 , May 26, 2007
        And just think, you could have wrecked your car! I know someone who did
        that for a blue bird, which of course we deem more worthy.

        Your reflex was in the right place after all.

        Chris Maack
        Anchorage

        On May 26, 2007, at 3:07 PM, wkeys_99503 wrote:

        > I am ashamed. I'm a disgrace. I have dishonored my family for years
        > to come. Last night on the Minnesota Bypass near Spenard Crossing, a
        > bird jumped out of the bushes in front of me. I hit the brakes and
        > swerved before I saw that it was a freakin' STARLING!
        >
        > I'm not worthy of birding. I'm taking up Mah Jongg. It's been nice
        > knowing all of you, but I'm signing off for the last time.
        >
        > w keys
        > former birder

      • David Porter

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1 10:16 AM
            Alaska's birders can breath a sigh of relief! Mr. Whitekeys' full rehabilitation as a serious
            birder is guaranteed! Today's Daily News reports that a New York company has purchased
            the copyright and plastic molds for the pink flamingo lawn ornament, whose demise had
            been feared when the original manufacturer went out of business. With an unlimited supply
            of flamingos now assured, the perpetual fight against those pesky starlings can go forward!
            Cheers,
            Bob Winckler
            Wasilla