Adak: Hawfinch still here

  • John Puschock
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      Howdy,

      I was premature in announcing the departure of the Hawfinch from Adak. It
      was still here yesterday (6/01). Other recent highlights include a
      "Siberian" Whimbrel found by Jeff Milosh (sp?) on 5/31, an "American" Mew
      Gull on 5/31 and yesterday (seen in different locations, but presumably the
      same bird), and a 1st-summer Slaty-backed Gull yesterday.

      The winds are still coming out of the northwest -- 6 days straight and
      counting.

      John Puschock
      Bird Treks
      g_g_allin@...