IVORY GULL-KENAI

  • todd_eskelin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006
      Refound the Ivory Gull at Kenai on Sunday the 31st of Dec. As the
      tide was coming in the sluch ice began filling all open water with
      ice. The Slaty backed came in first and flew by the Salamatof
      Seafoods dock. It landed and I saw that it had an injured leg which
      is likely the same one that Dave S. and I saw a couple years ago at
      the Soldotna Landfill. Then a short while later around 10:00am the
      Ivory Gull flew by at a range of 50ft. I took a sketchy video and
      posted a picture in my photo folder. Have a look, it is a bad photo,
      but clean enough for documentation perposes. I will try for a better
      photo later today.

      I believe the ice is coming in and out with the tides, so before high
      tide or sometime after as the ice washes back out will be best. Keep
      me posted on the hotline if you come down to see it (262-2300).

      Todd