Alaska 200 Club

  • Steve Zimmerman
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2006
      Hi, folks. I am trying to find e-mail addresses for several members of
      the Alaska 200 Club.

      When Mark Schwan and I took over administration of the 200 Club in 2005,
      Buzz Scher sent me a list of USPS addresses for the members that had
      provided him with one or more updates during the previous 10 years. In
      order to streamline the mailing process and to reduce mailing costs, I
      have been trying to get either an e-mail address from all the folks on
      Buzz's list, or a letter letting me know that the sender still wants to
      receive the list by mail.

      After sending out letters to all of the people on Buzz's list, and after
      perusing the 2006 ABA Membership Directory, I have received, or been
      able to find e-mail addresses for most of the people on Buzz's list. I
      have not, however, been able to find e-mails for, nor do I have any
      record of a response from the following members: Art Bergey, Paul
      Berrigan, Bill Dobbins, Betty Friest, Gary Hutman, Bob Pinter, Kayo
      Roy, Bill Stott, Joyce Takamine, and Ann Toneff. If you have e-mail
      addresses for any of these people, or if you are aware of any other
      member of the 200 Club that would like to remain active but did not
      receive the 25th report (sent in January, 2006), please let me know.

      In case any of you actually sent me an e-mail in 2006--and you just read
      your name on the missing persons list (Betty Friest may be in this
      category)--please accept my apologies. My hard drive failed in August
      and I lost everything on it including all of the e-mails. I try to make
      copies of 200 Club e-mail messages, but I am sure a few got lost before
      I got around to copying them.

      Thanks. Steve Zimmerman
    • Hannah Frenier
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2006
        Steve, Loretta Curgus asked me to send you Betty's Email. "Here's Betty
        Friest's e-mail:betrichfrie@...

        >From: Steve Zimmerman <stevezimmerman@...>
        >To: AKBirding@yahoogroups.com, "Eaglechat@onelist.com"
        ><Eaglechat@onelist.com>
        >Subject: [AK Birding] Alaska 200 Club
        >Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:02:40 -0900
        >
        >Hi, folks. I am trying to find e-mail addresses for several members of
        >the Alaska 200 Club.
        >
        >When Mark Schwan and I took over administration of the 200 Club in 2005,
        >Buzz Scher sent me a list of USPS addresses for the members that had
        >provided him with one or more updates during the previous 10 years. In
        >order to streamline the mailing process and to reduce mailing costs, I
        >have been trying to get either an e-mail address from all the folks on
        >Buzz's list, or a letter letting me know that the sender still wants to
        >receive the list by mail.
        >

        >After sending out letters to all of the people on Buzz's list, and after
        >perusing the 2006 ABA Membership Directory, I have received, or been
        >able to find e-mail addresses for most of the people on Buzz's list. I
        >have not, however, been able to find e-mails for, nor do I have any
        >record of a response from the following members: Art Bergey, Paul
        >Berrigan, Bill Dobbins, Betty Friest, Gary Hutman, Bob Pinter, Kayo
        >Roy, Bill Stott, Joyce Takamine, and Ann Toneff. If you have e-mail
        >addresses for any of these people, or if you are aware of any other
        >member of the 200 Club that would like to remain active but did not
        >receive the 25th report (sent in January, 2006), please let me know.
        >

        >In case any of you actually sent me an e-mail in 2006--and you just read
        >your name on the missing persons list (Betty Friest may be in this
        >category)--please accept my apologies. My hard drive failed in August
        >and I lost everything on it including all of the e-mails. I try to make
        >copies of 200 Club e-mail messages, but I am sure a few got lost before
        >I got around to copying them.
        >

        >Thanks. Steve Zimmerman

        Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live
      • Steve Zimmerman
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 24, 2006
          Thanks for your help, Hannah. So far I have received a couple of
          first person to respond was Betty herself! She said she did not know
          she was on anybody's "missing person's list." I hope you have a great
          Holiday and all good things in 2007! Steve

          Hannah Frenier wrote:

          > Steve, Loretta Curgus asked me to send you Betty's Email. "Here's Betty
          > Friest's e-mail:betrichfrie@... <mailto:betrichfrie%40gci.net>
          >
          > >From: Steve Zimmerman <stevezimmerman@...
          > <mailto:stevezimmerman%40gci.net>>
          > >To: AKBirding@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AKBirding%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "Eaglechat@onelist.com <mailto:Eaglechat%40onelist.com>"
          > ><Eaglechat@onelist.com <mailto:Eaglechat%40onelist.com>>
          > >Subject: [AK Birding] Alaska 200 Club
          > >Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:02:40 -0900
          > >
          > >Hi, folks. I am trying to find e-mail addresses for several members of
          > >the Alaska 200 Club.
          > >
          > >When Mark Schwan and I took over administration of the 200 Club in 2005,
          > >Buzz Scher sent me a list of USPS addresses for the members that had
          > >provided him with one or more updates during the previous 10 years. In
          > >order to streamline the mailing process and to reduce mailing costs, I
          > >have been trying to get either an e-mail address from all the folks on
          > >Buzz's list, or a letter letting me know that the sender still wants to
          > >receive the list by mail.
          > >

          > >After sending out letters to all of the people on Buzz's list, and after
          > >perusing the 2006 ABA Membership Directory, I have received, or been
          > >able to find e-mail addresses for most of the people on Buzz's list. I
          > >have not, however, been able to find e-mails for, nor do I have any
          > >record of a response from the following members: Art Bergey, Paul
          > >Berrigan, Bill Dobbins, Betty Friest, Gary Hutman, Bob Pinter, Kayo
          > >Roy, Bill Stott, Joyce Takamine, and Ann Toneff. If you have e-mail
          > >addresses for any of these people, or if you are aware of any other
          > >member of the 200 Club that would like to remain active but did not
          > >receive the 25th report (sent in January, 2006), please let me know.
          > >

          > >In case any of you actually sent me an e-mail in 2006--and you just read
          > >your name on the missing persons list (Betty Friest may be in this
          > >category)--please accept my apologies. My hard drive failed in August
          > >and I lost everything on it including all of the e-mails. I try to make
          > >copies of 200 Club e-mail messages, but I am sure a few got lost before
          > >I got around to copying them.
          > >

          > >Thanks. Steve Zimmerman

          > Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live
          > http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/
          > <http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/>

        • alaskabirder
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2011
            Greetings Alaska Birders,

            Steve Zimmerman and Mark Schwan have posted the 2010 update to the Alaska 200 Club. The 200 club is the official register for those who have observed (or heard) over 200 species of birds in Alaska. The URL for the list is http://home.gci.net/~juneaubird/200_Club_2010.PDF
            Steve and Mark deserve a lot of credit for keeping the list up to date! If you run into them in your birding excursions, thank them for maintaining this list, as it is a monumental task keeping everyone's numbers correct.
            Now get out there and find some great birds in 2011.

            Cheers,
            Ed Clark
            Fairbanks
            Co-moderator
            Alaska Rare Bird Listserv
            akbirder@...
          • alaskabirder
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2012
              Greetings Alaska Birders,

              Steve Zimmerman and Mark Schwan have posted the 2011 update to the Alaska 200 Club. The Alaska 200 Club is the official register for those who have observed (or heard) over 200 species of birds in Alaska. The URL for the list is: http://home.gci.net/~juneaubird/200_Club_2011.pdf or you can enter "Alaska 200 Club" into your favorite search engine.
              Steve and Mark do a wonderful job with this list and it must take a tremendous amount of work and dedication to keep everyone's numbers correct! If your travels take you across Alaska in search of birds and you run into either Steve or Mark, please thank them personally for maintaining the list. The list is a veritable "Whos-who" of folks who bird our wonderful state!

              I hope 2012 brings you with lots of new birds.

              Cheers,
              Ed Clark
              Fairbanks
              Owner/Co-moderator