Rustic Bunting in Juneau

  • akredgreen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      Eric Myers, Dave Porter and I traveled to Juneau today, Oct. 31 and
      got great long looks at the Rustic Bunting in Paul Suchanek's backyard
      in North Douglas. Many thanks to Paul for finding the bird (he found
      another one just days before 20 miles north near Eagle Beach!) and
      allowing us to view it. (His report(s)on Eaglechat)
      We spent the rest of the day birding north out the highway. Highlights
      were 3 coot and a male hooded merganser on Upper Twin Lake, hundreds
      of Surfbirds, Rock sandpipers and Black turnstones at Eagle Beach, a
      few Thayer's gulls at Eagle Beach and a very cooperative Northern
      Pygmy Owl at Mile 36.8.
      Pat Pourchot