White-throated Sparrow

  • ursus_8
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2006
      I saw an adult white-throated sparrow in the brush pile behind my house
      today. The bird is in full adult plummage complete with distinctive
      white throat, yellow lores, white and black stripes on the head. I
      think this is a different bird than the one that stayed in my yard last
      winter as the stripes on the head look white and not buff. I have seen
      the bird only once so will keep you all posted on any additional
      sightings.

      Tom Evans
      131 Pacific View Drive
      Anchorage, AK 99515