Mi. 12 Deshka river

  • Delesta Fox
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27 12:55 PM
      Things are still 'happening' on the Deshka and the back swamps: Great horned owl; Northern harrier; Three-toed woodpecker; Brown creepers; Belted kingfisher; six Varied thrushes; Ruby-crowned kinglet; White-crowned sparrow; Wilson's snipe; Dark-eyed juncoes; Pine grosebeaks; Boreal & Black-capped Chickadees; Red-breasted nuthatches; Common ravens; Black-billed magpies, Common mergansers; Mallards;

      Plus one small female duck that paddled out of the swamp grasses. Tail erect(like the Ruddy) , with each paddle the tail swooshes back and forth, while tail feathers are pointed up.. Blue colored bill... Other markings on cheeks do not match up with Ruddy.. although, the dark feathers from crown, over back to tail do, under tail coverts were dark to match tail feathers.. Just another one to add to my 'unknown' list to pursue.

      Waiting for that elusive moose to 'present' itself..leaves me time to bird...
      Delesta Fox