Eastern Kingbird

  • ursus_8
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
      An eastern kingbird was found at the Delta Agricultural Project on
      Sunday, July 30 at 1300hrs. The bird was seen at the eastern most end
      of Barley Way which runs the length of the Delta Agricultural Project
      and intersects Sawmill Creek Rd at about mile 3 (no signs but there is
      a stop sign on the road heading west). At the end of Barley Way drive
      the road angles 90 degrees to the north and ends at a ranch. The bird
      was seen sitting on the fence posts around the pasture. This bird was
      skittish and kept flying from fence post to fence post but was finally
      able to get the scope on him/her for a positive ID. I also thought I
      saw mountain bluebirds but they were too far away to get a positive ID
      with the binocs and they flew away before I could get a scope on them.

      Tom Evans
      avocet@...
    • boneman_ak
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2013
        Anchor Point Alaska

        An Eastern Kingbird has been hanging out in a yard , eating yellow jackets and we caught him red handed- ah red mouthed eating elder berries. I'll see if I can figure out how to post some photos .

        For more info - sandy at

        tcalaska@...

        Lee Post