Re: [AK Birding] Townsend's Warbler in Eagle River

  • Linda Encelewski Henrikson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2006
      Stacy,

      Just to let you know, I saw a rufous hummingbird in Sterling at the Izack Walton Campground at the confluence of the Moose and Kenai Rivers on the 5th of July, sucking the nectar from a wild rose.

      linda
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30, 2006
        In a message dated 7/30/2006 2:51:01 PM Alaskan Standard Time,
        lindajencelewskihenrikson@... writes:

        Just to let you know, I saw a rufous hummingbird in Sterling at the Izack
        Walton Campground at the confluence of the Moose and Kenai Rivers on the 5th of
        July, sucking the nectar from a wild rose.

        Thanks, Linda! Neat stuff, indeed! :-)

        Thanks also to those who set me straight regarding the status and
        distribution of Townsend's Warbler in Alaska. Apparently they are much more widespread
        in the state than I originally though. Still fun to have a new species in
        the yard (for me!).

        Best,

        --Stacy Jon Peterson
        20252 Lucas Ave