possible Hooded Merganser at Eagle River Nature Center

  • frigidnest
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      On the 26th I was at the Eagle River Nature Center and saw an entry in
      their guest log book, that a Hooded Merganser had been seen on the
      23rd, at the Beaver Pond. While not there to go birding that day, and
      without binoculars, I still couldn't resist walking down to the viewing
      platform to take a look. There is indeed a merganser in the pond, with
      a brown head. It could be a female Hooded. Has anyone else seen this
      bird?

      David Vonderheide