9785Best Way to see Denali

  • gpelphrey2416
    Feb 24, 2014

      My wife and I will be driving from Anchorage to Denali July 21st.  We plan to bird on the way up and will spend the night in Healy.  Then, we will spend all day on July 22nd in Denali and also have 1/2 day in Denali the morning of the 23rd.

      While not specifically a birding trip - we are enthusiastic birders and this is our 1st trip to Alaska.  Any input is welcome.  Specifically, I am would value input on pros / cons of taking the shuttle bus into the park ( go to Eielson) vs taking a tour bus.  Or - maybe we do the shuttle bus on the 22nd and a 5 hour tour bus on the 23rd?

      Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

      Gary