8416Northern Saw-whet and Boreal Owls

  • Keith Confer
    Feb 24, 2013
      8:02 PM tonight at Hillside Park at the top of the hill on the upper gas line tail towards the Spencer Loop intersection, I heard one Northern Saw-whet Owl very close on the east side of the trail. The Owl seemed to be wandering off to the east a bit as I was leaving with some mighty cold feet.

      The Boreal Own was near the parking lot a few hundred yards down the lighted Besh Loop trail. That was at about 8:30 PM. I heard him calling as I was leaving.

      I got good recordings of both owls calling with my iPhone.

      My feet are still cold and I've been home for an hour.

      kacbirder