3574Re: Birds

  • gary_rasmussen2002
    Sep 1, 2008
      Acting on Dave's posting I drove out behind the airport. At the point
      where the pavement ends, (end of the double yellow line) near the
      fuel tanks, there was a very small puddle on the south side of the
      road. Dozens of birds were flying down to drink and bath in the
      puddle. I had stumbling into a very large, mixed flock, of migrants,
      moving through the area. The trees were filled with birds in all
      direction. I believe I saw at least 9 different species in less then
      ten minutes. Then suddenly they were all gone - not a bird in sight!

      However, I did take a couple, of poor quality photos, of a
      female/juvenile MacGillivray's Warbler.

      Gary Rasmussen
      Anchorage