10321Backyard Birding Bonanza

  • arnesonp@ymail.com
    Aug 18, 2014

      There were so many birds in my backyard on Sunday I went outside to get some photos.  There were the usual BC and Boreal Chickadees, RB Nuthatches, Downy Woodpeckers, and DE Juncos In addition there were Orange-crowned, Wilson's, Yellow-rumped, and Blackpoll Warblers, RC Kinglets, WC Sparrows, Co Redpolls, an Am Robin, and an Alder Flycatcher (1st time I'd seen one there). A flock of Canada Geese flew over. I was getting some nice shots until a Sharp-shinned Hawk showed up and everybody hurriedly left.