10315Re: Stilt Sandpiper - CarrGott- Anchorage

  • Peter Scully
    Aug 17, 2014
      Make that 3 Stilt Sandpipers.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 17, 2014, at 1:20 PM, Peter Scully <peterandrewscullyii@...> wrote:

      Pond north of push pile.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 16, 2014, at 5:47 PM, "Aaron Bowman ampbowman@... [AKBirding]" <AKBirding-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On a trip down to Carr-Gottstein Park today with Enric F. there were
      many of the same birds as yesterday. After a closer look today the
      "American Golden Plover" I saw yesterday it either changed somehow into
      a BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER over night or was a completely different bird. I
      tend to think I made some miscalculations yesterday with my rather
      sub-par viewing conditions (that is what I will blame it on anyway).
      A SOLITARY SANDPIPER called as it flew over, and after walking about a
      mile out onto the flats (a literal mile to the NW) we had good looks at
      a SANDERLING.
      Below is a link to a photo of that bird.
      Other birds of note were about 10 SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS, 6 PECTORAL
      SANDPIPERS a flock of 15 or so BANK SWALLOWS that looked to be on the
      move, and a SHARP-SHINED HAWK turning the table and reversing the attack
      on a magpie.

      https://www.flickr.com/photos/87588360@N05/14754438750/

      Aaron Bowman
      Anchorage