10176Advice for Upcoming Trip to Anchorage, Seward and Denail NP

  • Ryan Carpenter
    Jun 12, 2014
      Hello Alaska birders,
      My wife and I are going to be traveling from Sitka to Anchorage, Seward and up north to Denali National Park next week. We are really excited about birding the Kenai Peninsula and into the interior and are hoping for a little advice from folks about a couple of birds species and birding locations.

      Does anyone have any advice or insight into locations where observing Northern-hawk Owl, Arctic Warbler, Northern Wheatear, Spruce Grouse, Blackpool Warbler is possible or birding spots we can't miss during our trip?

      Your wisdom and advice is much appreciated. I'll look forward to sharing with everyone our experience up north. Many thanks!

      Ryan Carpenter
      Sitka, AK