10162Re: [AK Birding] Fledgling Hairy Woodpecker

  • bjh herd
    Jun 9, 2014
      Hi Ellen  I too believe we have hairy woodpeckers with young and maybe 2 sets of them ...they are noisy and sure are eating up the suet  bonnie  on Lazy Mt Palmer

      On Monday, June 9, 2014 10:20 PM, "akellen907@... [AKBirding]" <AKBirding@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Today I have enjoyed watching a pair of hairy woodpeckers bring a fledgling to our suet feeder, and take bits of suet to the fledgling when it is in nearby trees.  We have been out of state for a week so I don't know if today is the first visit.   It seems to be very early in the year for a woodpecker fledgling.  I was wondering if anyone else has noticed early fledglings, and if it is because we had such an early and warm spring this year.
      Eagle River

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic