Galactic Travels Playlist #432 for June 30, 2005

  • Bill Fox
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Greetings,

      Due to a corrupted registry, my PC lost its address book. I'm slowly
      refilling it but a lot of data is lost forever until I get email from
      the missing people. Rest assured, all playlists that weren't emailed
      out over the past two weeks or so are at the Galactic Travels website.
      If you notice anyone complaining that they no longer hear from me, just
      tell them to send me email so we can regain contact. Thanks!

      http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2005/050630.html

      Galactic Travels is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that
      airs each
      Thursday at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA, 93.9
      FM in
      Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville and Trexlertown,
      92.9 FM on
      Service Electric Cable, and webcasting on the internet.

      Show #432 June 30, 2005

      RECAP:
      On this show, I concluded the month-long focus on UK emusician Mark
      Jenkins. The
      Featured CD at Midnight was "If the World Were Turned On Its Head, We
      Would Walk
      Among the Stars" on AMP Records, released in 2005.

      The Vinyl Starter was from the LP "Aguirre" by Popol Vuh on Ohr Musik,
      released in
      1976.

      Mark Jenkins - http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2005/focus05.html#jun

      PLAYLIST:

      11:04 pm
      ARTIST TRACK ALBUM (label)
      ======================= ========================
      ==================================
      Popol Vuh Aguirre I Aguirre (Ohr)
      Kraftwerk The Man Machine Minimum - Maximum
      (Astralwerks)
      Conrad Schnitzler and 04. Mi.T. - CON 04 (none)
      Michael Thomas Roe
      TouchXtone Computational Error Astroboy (none)
      Binar The Cosmic Void Project Poltergeist
      (NeuHarmony)
      Remote Spaces Infrared Part 1 Silos (none)
      Patrick O'Hearn I Could Live Here Slow Time (none)

      12:00 am
      Mark Jenkins If the World Were Turned If the World Were
      Turned On Its
      On Its Head, We Would Head, We Would Walk
      Among the
      Walk Among the Stars Stars (AMP)
      Mark Jenkins I Have Known the Void ItWWTOIH,WWWAtS (AMP)
      Mark Jenkins Nutty Puppet Mayhem ItWWTOIH,WWWAtS (AMP)

      1:00 am

      * = excerpt
      VA = Various Artists (compilation)
      ++ = Advance CDR from Artist

      NEXT SHOW:
      On the next Galactic Travels, I'll begin a month-long focus on the music-bar
      mailing list. The Featured CD at Midnight will be "Navisto - The Flute
      Sessions"
      which is a unique CDR provided exclusively to Galactic Travels.

      The Vinyl Starter will be from the LP "Paradise" by Robert Schroder on
      Racket
      Records, released in 1983.

      Bill
      Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, Thursdays at
      11:04 pm EDT (GMT-4:00) on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and Bethlehem, 93.7 in
      Fogelsville and Trexlertown, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg and 92.9 on
      Sevice Electric Cable. Listen on-line to WDIY at http://wdiy.org and
      click on
      the LISTEN link or go directly to:
      http://rm1.refugemedia.com/ramgen/encoder/wdiy.rm
      EMUSIC web site - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic
      To subscribe to the EMUSIC-on-WDIY mailing list, click on [Join This
      Group!] at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emusic-wdiy
      RSS News Feed: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/enews.xml
      Podcasts: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/EMUSIC.xml