Invitation to the CHI2002|AIGA Experience Design FORUM

  • AIGA Experience Design London/Nico Macdo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2002
      Invitation to the CHI2002|AIGA Experience Design FORUM
      Firstly there is no AIGA Experience Design London meeting this month (we had provisionally announced one for today) as the presenters we had hoped to secure were not all available.

      The next event is scheduled for Thursday 2 May and we may be addressing the relationship between innovation, design and usability. We will also have a report back from the CHI2002|AIGA Experience Design FORUM, the CHI 2002 conference, and possibly the AIGA's recent national conference 'Voice2' (http://voice.aiga.org/).

      If you are attending CHI do try to attend the FORUM (see following announcement), which takes place at the same time as the pre-conference tutorials and workshops. It should be a great event. And if your organisation has maintained conference budgets and will pay for you to attend there are still cheap flights to Minneapolis from the UK.

      Events mentioned at our March meeting are listed on the Web site (see below), which will be re-launched at the FORUM and will enable you to find out what other AIGA Experience Design groups have been and will be up to.

      Nico Macdonald
      Design Agenda and AIGA Experience Design London
      http://advance.aiga.org/who/london.html

      Register now for the CHI2002|AIGA Experience Design FORUM!
      CHI2002, Minneapolis, Minnesota
      21-22 April 2002

      FINAL PROGRAM includes:
      * Five peer-reviewed case studies
      * Four plenary speakers
      * Three panels
      * Great party! Mingling, music, and media at a cyber lounge in downtown Minneapolis
      * AIGA Experience Design community meeting

      Details of the program follow. Bring your woolies and come to Minneapolis for this exciting event! Attendance is limited, so sign up early to assure a seat in our brand-new circular auditorium.

      JUST UNDER THREE WEEKS LEFT TO REGISTER!
      https://w202.securedweb.net/regmaster/cgibin/CHI02/on1/RMSs.cgi

      $295 AIGA & SIGCHI members
      $395 non-members

      OVERVIEW AND GOALS: A NEW RELATIONSHIP AND A NEW EVENT AT CHI2002

      CHI2002 and AIGA Experience Design would like to invite you to attend our first co-sponsored event! The FORUM is dedicated to exploring how the knowledge and skills from each community contribute to current thinking and innovations in the world of human-computer interaction and experience design. The FORUM is an independent two-day event and will take place immediately preceding the CHI2002 technical program and does not required attendance at other CHI2002 events.
      PROGRAM

      The FORUM will explore the intersections of the SIGCHI and AIGA design communities and offer plenty of opportunities to interact with fellow design practitioners of all kinds.
      --------------
      Case studies:
      'SHS Orcas: The First Integrated Information System for Long Term Healthcare Facility Management'
      Steve Calde, COOPER INTERACTION DESIGN

      'Making Joining Easy: Case of an Entertainment Club Website'
      Dena Fletcher, COLUMBIA HOUSE

      'Climb Meru: An Integrated Brand Experience'
      Matt Ludwig, TEXTUREMEDIA

      'Data Visualization for Strategic Decision Making'
      Angela Shen-Hsieh, VISUAL I-O

      'Transforming the Content Management Process at ibm.com'
      Louis Weitzman, IBM

      --------------
      Speakers:
      "The Philosophy of (User) Experience"
      John Rheinfrank, SEESPACE & KELLOGG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT

      "Power and Simplicity"
      Michel Beaudouin-Lafon, L'UNIVERSITÉ PARIS-SUD & Wendy Mackay, INRIA

      "Beauty and Utility"
      Ramana Rao, INXIGHT SOFTWARE, INC.

      --------------
      Panels:
      "Designing a User-centered Design Practice"
      Clement Mok, OFFICE OF CLEMENT MOK, moderator
      Alan Cooper, COOPER INTERACTION DESIGN
      Katja Rimmi, ADOBE SYSTEMS
      Rick Robinson, SAPIENT

      "Research, Analysis, and Design"
      Nico Macdonald, SPY, moderator
      Dan Russell, IBM RESEARCH ALMADEN
      Liz Sanders, SONICRIM
      Michael Summers, SCIENT

      "Design Education in the 21st Century"
      Meredith Davis, NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY, moderator
      Dan Boyarski, CARNEGIE-MELLON UNIVERSITY
      Brian Fisher, UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
      Keiichi Sato, INSTITUTE OF DESIGN

      >>>AND a great party experience Sunday evening,
      8-12 PM at Sursumcorda (http://www.sursumcorda.com), downtown Minneapolis media-rich net-friendly bar and live entertainment venue. Your FORUM badge entitles you to entrance and a drink ticket at Sursumcorda; extra tickets are available at the door for $10, so bring your friends and enjoy food, live entertainment, digital amusements, and the company of fellow design practitioners from around the world.
      TRAVEL

      For travel info and discounts:
      http://www.sigchi.org/chi2002/travel.html

      HOUSING: