REGISTER FOR: CHI2002|AIGA Experience Design FORUM

  • AIGA Experience Design London/Nico Macdo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      REGISTER FOR: CHI2002|AIGA Experience Design FORUM
      ANNOUNCING! ANNOUNCING! ANNOUNCING! ANNOUNCING! ANNOUNCING!

      CHI2002|AIGA Experience Design FORUM

      Organized by SIGCHI and AIGA Experience Design
      CHI2002, Minneapolis, Minnesota
      21-22 April, 2002

      TIME TO REGISTER!
      http://experience.aiga.org
      $295 AIGA & SIGCHI members
      $395 non-members

      OVERVIEW AND GOALS: A NEW RELATIONSHIP AND A NEW EVENT AT CHI2002

      CHI2002 and AIGA Experience Design would like to invite you to attend our first co-sponsored event! The FORUM is dedicated to exploring how the knowledge and skills from each community contribute to current thinking and innovations in the world of human-computer interaction and experience design. The FORUM is an independent two-day event and will take place immediately preceding the CHI2002 technical program and does not required attendance at other CHI2002 events.
      PROGRAM

      The FORUM will explore the intersections of the SIGCHI and AIGA design communities and offer plenty of opportunities to interact with fellow design practitioners of all kinds.
      Speakers:
      "The Philosophy of (User) Experience"
      John Rheinfrank, SEESPACE & KELLOGG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT

      "Power and Simplicity"
      Michel Beaudouin-Lafon, L'UNIVERSITÉ PARIS-SUD & Wendy Mackay, INRI

      "Beauty and Utility"
      Ramana Rao, INXIGHT SOFTWARE, INC.

      Panels:
      "Designing a User-centered Design Practice"
      Clement Mok, OFFICE OF CLEMENT MOK, moderator
      Alan Cooper, COOPER INTERACTION DESIGN
      Katja Rimmi, ADOBE SYSTEMS
      Rick Robinson, SAPIENT

      "Research, Analysis, and Design"
      Nico Macdonald, SPY, moderator
      Dan Russell, IBM RESEARCH ALMADEN
      Liz Sanders, SONICRIM
      Michael Summers, SCIENT

      "Design Education in the 21st Century"
      Meredith Davis, NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY, moderator
      Dan Boyarski, CARNEGIE-MELLON UNIVERSITY
      Brian Fisher, UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
      Keiichi Sato, INSTITUTE OF DESIGN

      Case studies
      >>>PLUS six peer-reviewed case studies that
      represent current
      >>>thinking and innovations in the world of
      human-computer
      >>>interaction.

      >>>AND a great party experience Sunday night at
      Sursumcorda
      >>>in downtown Minneapolis!

      TRAVEL

      For travel info and discounts: