Call for Papers: CHI2002|AIGA Experience Design FORUM

  • AIGA Experience Design London/Nico Macdo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      The next AIGA Experience Design London event will take place on Tuesday 13 November (not Thursday 1 November) and will look at the relationship between clients and designers.

      Meanwhile please consider submitting a paper for our joint event with SIGCHI, detailed below. The quality and value of accepted submissions will be very high and the event itself will be well worth travelling to Minneapolis to attend, or present at if your paper were accepted.

      Nico Macdonald
      Design Agenda and AIGA Experience Design London
      http://advance.aiga.org/who/london.html

      CHI2002|AIGA Experience Design FORUM
      CALL FOR PAPERS (submissions due 4 January 2002)

      Organized by SIGCHI and AIGA Experience Design
      CHI2002, Minneapolis, Minnesota
      21-22 April 2002

      OVERVIEW AND GOALS: A NEW RELATIONSHIP AND A NEW EVENT AT CHI2002

      CHI2002 and AIGA Experience Design would like to invite you to participate in our first co-sponsored event! The FORUM is dedicated to exploring how the knowledge and skills from each community contribute to current thinking and innovations in the world of human-computer interaction and experience design. The FORUM is an independent two-day event and will take place immediately preceding the CHI2002 technical program and does not required attendance at other CHI2002 events.

      The FORUM will explore the intersections of the SIGCHI and AIGA design communities, including design and evaluation methods and methodologies, philosophy of design, and design artifacts. The program will include well-known speakers from the design community, panels, and in-depth case studies. The FORUM will offer plenty of opportunities to interact with fellow design practitioners of all kinds.

      SUBMISSIONS

      We are seeking case study submissions of your recent design project that represent current thinking and innovations in the world of human-computer interaction.

      Please download our Call For Papers/submission instructions from
      http://www.formandcontent.net/chi2002/forum.htm
      OR
      http://www.sigchi.org/chi2002/

      TOPICS OF THE FORUM
      We encourage you to submit a case study that describes your work applying human-centered design principles. Suggested design contexts include:

      Standalone products:
      * Websites
      * Software applications
      * Mobile device interfaces
      * Specialized applications (e.g. kiosks, web applications, CDi, etc.)
      * Embedded computing interfaces
      * Interactive data visualization

      Communication/collaboration environments:
      * Pervasive computing
      * Virtual reality
      * Multi-channel applications
      * Interactive television

      IMPORTANT DATES IN 2002

      4 January Submissions due
      30 January Acceptance notification
      15 February Final submission (if edits required)
      21-22 April Presentation at FORUM

      Review Process:
      Case study submissions will be reviewed by a joint SIGCHI|AIGA review committee of four reviewers. Authors will receive reviewers' remarks with acceptance results on or after January 30, 2002. Your submission may be accepted for publication or presentation as is, or with minor edits.

      The six highest-ranking case studies will be selected for presentation at the FORUM. More submissions may be selected for publication. All accepted submissions will be published in the FORUM program, in the ACM Digital Library and the AIGA Experience Design Case Study Archives.

      Please join us in developing a design literature that accommodates and illustrates a diversity of perspectives on design practice. The communities of practice need this new kind of literature resource. We truly hope you'll consider writing and showing your best work.

      Best regards, the FORUM committee:

      Richard Anderson
      Jonathan Arnowitz
      Dave Curbow