59Event: Designing for e-government - Wednesday 3 September

  • AIGA Experience Design London/Nico Macdo
    Aug 22, 2003
      Please feel free to circulate this to colleagues and friends. If you are not already on the 'AIGAExpDesLondon' list please join (details at the end).

      You are invited to the thirty-sixth AIGA Experience Design London meeting.

      DESIGNING FOR E-GOVERNMENT

      New Labour has pinned many of its hopes on moving government services to online delivery, and the Office of the e-Envoy has recently issued guidelines on Web usability. Government, both local and national, has become a major user of design services. How is experience design adapting to this new area of work, in which people will need services in very varied contexts, where the audience is _everybody_, and levels of familiarity with user interfaces can't be assumed? How do we design for the e-government 'back office' and evangelise user experience in government? How do we create and work with government-mandated standards for user interface and usability? And where do policy agendas run up against designerly approaches to problem-solving?

      THE EVENT
      - - - -
      Presentations: Designing for e-government
      -- We will have presentations from Catriona Campbell, chairman and co-founder of The Usability Company, and Sarah Jane King, User Experience manager at Sapient. (Full details can be found on the group Web site, at the end, from 27 August.)

      DETAILS
      - - - -
      When:
      Wednesday 3 September, 6:30 for 7PM (until 9:00 PM)
      Where:
      The Design Council, 34 Bow Street, London WC2E 7DL
      (opposite the Royal Opera House)
      http://www.designcouncil.info/webdav/servlet/XRM?Page/@id=6002&Section/@id=1052
      RSVP:
      mailto:RSVP@...?Subject=AIGAExpDesLondon%20Sep%202003
      There is no payment to attend. Attendance will be limited to 70 people.
      Please only RSVP if you are likely to be able to attend.
      Please email all enquiries to this address, not the Design Council.

      NEXT EVENT
      - - - -
      Our October event is still being planned. We are currently working on documenting our events, beginning with those from the last year.