changing core clock in ADUC7022 has no affect on timing

  • bombermountain
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
      Hi

      I am trying to slow down the core clock on an ADUC7022. I used the
      following code.

      POWKEY1=0x01; //start of required sequence for setting core clock
      POWCON=0x07; //CPU clock divider bits = core clock (41.78MHz)/ 1
      POWKEY1=0xF4; //end of required sequence for setting core clock

      I had three different items to look at to see if the change had any
      affect. The first was the baud rate on a UART, the second was a timer
      interrupt, and the third was a bit toggling at the start and end of a
      lengthy algorithm (all measured with an o-scope).

      In all cases it appears that changing the core clock has no effect.

      Would anyone have any idea why?

      Thanks
    • Robert Fitzsimons
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
        > POWKEY1=0x01; //start of required sequence for setting core clock
        > POWCON=0x07; //CPU clock divider bits = core clock (41.78MHz)/ 1
        > POWKEY1=0xF4; //end of required sequence for setting core clock

        Should the third line not be.

        POWKEY2=0xF4;

        Robert
      • bombermountain