Re: anyone got a 7020 "Minikit" and got it to function?

  • philplpc
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 28, 2006
      Hi

      --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "mandras76" <mandras76@...> wrote:

      > There's a downloader called ARMLSD (!) here:
      >
      > http://park11.wakwak.com/~domo/soft.html

      good to see - I'll try it out.

      > The only thing I don't like is the LED hardwired to DAC1, but it's
      > only a resistor I'll have to remove to get rid of it. And, if I had
      > designed the board, I would have made footprints for a crystal and two
      > SMD capacitors to make it easy to add a crystal for timing accuracy
      > (which I need).
      >
      > I think the ADuC7020MK is the best (only?) way of building a circuit
      > with 4 DACs without making a PCB or having to deal with the
      > non-standard dimensions, unwanted connectors, etc. on the full QS
      > version. In other places, you pay $30 for a cable alone, so I think
      > this is a great offer.

      I have similar feelings, but after all it is just a short-form eval
      board. Like you the DAC support is the big thing I find most useful.
      I have a variety of analog design tasks at work that this chip might
      be useful for.

      For my own purposes, I am in the process of designing my own ADuC7020
      board. Two variants.
      Type one has a CP2102 USB/serial chip connecting to the 7020, and then
      a simple 3.3v regulator to supply. With all the I/O pins brought out
      to (what are for me) convenient headers. Just a modified MiniKit really.
      Type two is going to feature opto-isolators in various forms and
      current sources - I need to work with in vitro biological samples and
      that causes all sorts of niggly problems.

      When I get the type one board done I'll put the designs up, and I may
      have a few blank PCBs to give away. There are hand soldering issues
      of course with both the CP2102 and the ADuC

      cheers
      phil