ADuC7026 external memory question

  • leovin4i
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 1:53 PM
      Hello,
      I am a bit confused about the external memory interface on ADuC7026.
      As far as i can understand from the timing diagram a 16bit write (with
      STRH) to exmem is actually two 8bit writes!!! Am i reading it wrong.
      Or if not why is the external memory designed that way - a cannot see
      the point of placing the 16bit data once with BLE asserted then again
      making a write cycle but with BHE asserted.