Can program run under external RAM of ADuC7026 ?

  • holi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
      we can retrive data from and store data into external RAM of ADuC7026 as usual. But it seems we cann't execute program from them. It doesn't
      even decribe in the data sheet. Could someone point this out?
      Tkanks!
    • katagia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2010
        Hello

        Maybe an late reply:

        Of course it is possible to execute code drom external ram.
        1st question is:
        How does to code get into the ram? Possibilities are download it from sd-card or serial interface into flash or sram-
        2nd question is:
        How get the code executed?
        This should be possible with a pointer to a function. Change address of the pointer to the correct address in external memory and call the pointer from somewhere in your code which is in internal flash.