Its official, the ADuC70xx group is up!

  • Rick Collins
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      Welcome to the Analog Devices ADuC70xx Yahoo group. These chips are
      now sampling and should be in production soon. I expect this to be a
      popular chip with a significant group of interested users. I am also
      considering designing an eval/development board for this chip which
      will provide serial IO, JTAG and Ethernet capability. Target price
      will be under $100. I don't know what software will be provided with
      it, but I think ImageCraft will allow the distibution of an eval copy
      of their software.

      What are others using to evaluate these chips? What designs are they
      going in? I am being sent samples as we speak. Anyone else have
      samples or boards up and running?
    • One Stone
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Collins" <gnuarm@a...> wrote:

        > Welcome to the Analog Devices ADuC70xx Yahoo group. These chips are
        > now sampling and should be in production soon. I expect this to be a
        > popular chip with a significant group of interested users. I am also
        > considering designing an eval/development board for this chip which
        > will provide serial IO, JTAG and Ethernet capability. Target price
        > will be under $100. I don't know what software will be provided with
        > it, but I think ImageCraft will allow the distibution of an eval copy
        > of their software.
        >
        > What are others using to evaluate these chips? What designs are they
        > going in? I am being sent samples as we speak. Anyone else have
        > samples or boards up and running?

        Hi Rick,
        just after I posted in the LPc2000 group asking about availability I
        placed an order for an eval kit. It should be here in 7 days according
        to the order confirmation!

        You mention that Richard at Imagecraft has a compiler out, is it
        released yet? I'm still most interested in assembler, but this is my
        first venture into ARM7 and I am after suggestions on the best
        instruction set/assembler guides. I've tinkered just a little with the
        LPc2138, but only in C and only demos.

        My application is based on an old design I built in 1993 using an
        ADSP2105. This was a 48 channel hearing aid with an integral
        analytical EEG that allowed the device to tune itself to the users
        hearing pattern. It has lain dormant for 10 years waiting for a high
        power low current CPU to come along. I recently demonstrated a 20
        channel version using a severely overclocked MSP430, and, based on
        that have been asked to produce a 'real' version. I need all 5 A/D
        channels and all 4 DACs of the 7020, but only about 4k of code, so the
        7020 is ideal. The original ran in 1k, but the analyse and run
        functions were separate.

        Cheers for now

        Al
      • Robert Adsett
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
          At 07:22 PM 2/1/05 +0000, One Stone wrote:
          >You mention that Richard at Imagecraft has a compiler out, is it
          >released yet? I'm still most interested in assembler, but this is my
          >first venture into ARM7 and I am after suggestions on the best
          >instruction set/assembler guides. I've tinkered just a little with the
          >LPc2138, but only in C and only demos.

          A beta version is available. I have a evaluation board and have done just
          a little fooling around so far. I did get Martin's ISP program working on
          it though.

          Robert

          " 'Freedom' has no meaning of itself. There are always restrictions,
          be they legal, genetic, or physical. If you don't believe me, try to
          chew a radio signal. "

          Kelvin Throop, III
        • Onestone
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2005
            Today my red cross parcel arrived courtesy of Fedex (and an extra $92
            charge because AD don't use EMS or airmail). It was disguised as an
            ADuC7024 evaluation kit and, under separate cover 5 ADuC7020s.
            Unfortunately the errata tells me these pre-release parts are only
            capable of half the advertised CPU speed, and can't run froma 32.768kHz
            crystal. They require an external clock, or internal 32khz source.
            Unfortunately other features aren't available with the internal option.
            Oh well, its pre-release silicon, and the bug lists are not that bad.
            Hopefully I'll be able to start testing it within a week.

            Al