Re: Download without pushbuttons

  • paloalgodon
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
      --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "varuzhandanielyan" <dan@...> wrote:

      > Great thanks for everybody. In couple of days will be ready a
      > simple USB programmer of my design and I will try LPC21isp and
      > share results.
      >
      > Varuzhan

      > > varuzhandanielyan Wrote
      > > >NXP (former Philips) LPC series downloaders use the COM port RTS
      > and
      > > >DTR signals to switch microcontroller to bootloader mode instead of
      > > >buttons, using very simple additional hardware. The same can be
      > done
      > > >for the ADUC series microcontrollers, having bootloader program,
      > > >supporting the RTS and DTR signals. Before starting to write my
      > own
      > > >bootloader (if found enough time) I want to ask, if such program
      > exists.
      > >
      > > I added support to LPC21isp for this.

      > > It's been a while since I've used it but it worked fine for the
      > micro I was
      > > using.
      > >
      > > See bottom of
      > >
      > > http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/InSystemProgramming.html
      > >
      > > For an example interface schematic.
      > >

      > > Robert

      > > mail2web.com � What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?
      > > http://link.mail2web.com/Business/SharePoint

      FYI, I've just modified the latest lpc21isp (v1.56, only tested on
      FreeBSD) to swap and/or invert those handshaking lines to increase
      flexibility. You should probably read up on the thread "usage of
      handshake lines for programming. seems inside-out" (at
      lpc21isp@yahoogroups.com) for a discussion of usage and reasoning
      before designing pcb's for it. I've used it (lpc21isp) with both NXP
      and ADuC boards and it integrates into your makefile nicely for
      one-step build & burn.

      Steve