How do you test with ADuC 70xx

  • cevague
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2008
      Hello,

      I have a project using ADuC 703x (7032, 7033, 7036). We work with ARM
      or Keil compiler and a ULink JTAG probe with Keil environment (3.0 or
      3.1).

      But the only way to see a variable with this emulation system is to
      stop the execution of the program, which makes the testing nearly
      impossible (because the real-time is lost, even the uC timers continue
      to run while the uC is halted).

      It is impossible to monitor a variable while the SW is running.

      I do not know if this limitation comes from the JTAG concept, its
      implementation into the ADuC, the Ulink or the Keil environment.

      With which tools do you test your softwares ? Please describe your
      tests environments and give some feedbacks.

      Regards,