Re: Download without pushbuttons

  • varuzhandanielyan
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2007
      Great thanks for everybody. In couple of days will be ready a
      simple USB programmer of my design and I will try LPC21isp and
      share results.

      Varuzhan

      > varuzhandanielyan Wrote
      > >NXP (former Philips) LPC series downloaders use the COM port RTS
      and
      > >DTR signals to switch microcontroller to bootloader mode instead of
      > >buttons, using very simple additional hardware. The same can be
      done
      > >for the ADUC series microcontrollers, having bootloader program,
      > >supporting the RTS and DTR signals. Before starting to write my
      own
      > >bootloader (if found enough time) I want to ask, if such program
      exists.

      > I added support to LPC21isp for this.

      > It's been a while since I've used it but it worked fine for the
      micro I was
      > using.
      >
      > See bottom of
      >
      > http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/InSystemProgramming.html
      >
      > For an example interface schematic.
      >

      > Robert

      > mail2web.com – What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?
      > http://link.mail2web.com/Business/SharePoint

    • varuzhandanielyan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 16, 2008
        At last with a large delay I found a time to test my programmer
        board with WinARM and lpc21isp. It works! One just needs to
        write in the Makefile
        LPC21ISP_OPTIONS = -ADARM -control

        If anybody is interested, I placed schematic and photo in the Files
        section.

        Again great thanks for help and hints.
        Varuzhan

        --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "varuzhandanielyan" <dan@...> wrote:

        > Great thanks for everybody. In couple of days will be ready a
        > simple USB programmer of my design and I will try LPC21isp and
        > share results.
        >
        > Varuzhan

        > > varuzhandanielyan Wrote
        > > >NXP (former Philips) LPC series downloaders use the COM port RTS
        > and
        > > >DTR signals to switch microcontroller to bootloader mode instead of
        > > >buttons, using very simple additional hardware. The same can be
        > done
        > > >for the ADUC series microcontrollers, having bootloader program,
        > > >supporting the RTS and DTR signals. Before starting to write my
        > own
        > > >bootloader (if found enough time) I want to ask, if such program
        > exists.
        > >
        > > I added support to LPC21isp for this.

        > > It's been a while since I've used it but it worked fine for the
        > micro I was
        > > using.
        > >
        > > See bottom of
        > >
        > > http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/InSystemProgramming.html
        > >
        > > For an example interface schematic.
        > >

        > > Robert

        > > mail2web.com – What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?
        > > http://link.mail2web.com/Business/SharePoint

      • paloalgodon
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
          --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "varuzhandanielyan" <dan@...> wrote:

          > Great thanks for everybody. In couple of days will be ready a
          > simple USB programmer of my design and I will try LPC21isp and
          > share results.
          >
          > Varuzhan

          > > varuzhandanielyan Wrote
          > > >NXP (former Philips) LPC series downloaders use the COM port RTS
          > and
          > > >DTR signals to switch microcontroller to bootloader mode instead of
          > > >buttons, using very simple additional hardware. The same can be
          > done
          > > >for the ADUC series microcontrollers, having bootloader program,
          > > >supporting the RTS and DTR signals. Before starting to write my
          > own
          > > >bootloader (if found enough time) I want to ask, if such program
          > exists.
          > >
          > > I added support to LPC21isp for this.

          > > It's been a while since I've used it but it worked fine for the
          > micro I was
          > > using.
          > >
          > > See bottom of
          > >
          > > http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/InSystemProgramming.html
          > >
          > > For an example interface schematic.
          > >

          > > Robert

          > > mail2web.com � What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?
          > > http://link.mail2web.com/Business/SharePoint

          FYI, I've just modified the latest lpc21isp (v1.56, only tested on
          FreeBSD) to swap and/or invert those handshaking lines to increase
          flexibility. You should probably read up on the thread "usage of
          handshake lines for programming. seems inside-out" (at
          lpc21isp@yahoogroups.com) for a discussion of usage and reasoning
          before designing pcb's for it. I've used it (lpc21isp) with both NXP
          and ADuC boards and it integrates into your makefile nicely for
          one-step build & burn.

          Steve