Re: [ADuC_ARM] Download without pushbuttons

  • Steve Franks
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2007
      I believe lpc21isp is what you are looking for. I use it on my aduc
      all the time, although I haven't tried hooking up the isp & reset
      pins, but it works with them on my nxp demo boards great, and it works
      with the aduc great. The binary is shipped with WinARM and Yagarto is
      you are on a win32 box, you probably already have it.

      Steve

      --
      Steve Franks, KE7BTE
      Staff Engineer
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2007
        varuzhandanielyan Wrote
        >NXP (former Philips) LPC series downloaders use the COM port RTS and
        >DTR signals to switch microcontroller to bootloader mode instead of
        >buttons, using very simple additional hardware. The same can be done
        >for the ADUC series microcontrollers, having bootloader program,
        >supporting the RTS and DTR signals. Before starting to write my own
        >bootloader (if found enough time) I want to ask, if such program exists.

        I added support to LPC21isp for this.

        It's been a while since I've used it but it worked fine for the micro I was
        using.

        See bottom of

        http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/InSystemProgramming.html

        For an example interface schematic.

        Robert

      • varuzhandanielyan
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2007
          Great thanks for everybody. In couple of days will be ready a
          simple USB programmer of my design and I will try LPC21isp and
          share results.

          Varuzhan

          > varuzhandanielyan Wrote
          > >NXP (former Philips) LPC series downloaders use the COM port RTS
          and
          > >DTR signals to switch microcontroller to bootloader mode instead of
          > >buttons, using very simple additional hardware. The same can be
          done
          > >for the ADUC series microcontrollers, having bootloader program,
          > >supporting the RTS and DTR signals. Before starting to write my
          own
          > >bootloader (if found enough time) I want to ask, if such program
          exists.

          > I added support to LPC21isp for this.

          > It's been a while since I've used it but it worked fine for the
          micro I was
          > using.
          >
          > See bottom of
          >
          > http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/InSystemProgramming.html
          >
          > For an example interface schematic.
          >

          > Robert

          > mail2web.com – What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?
          > http://link.mail2web.com/Business/SharePoint

        • varuzhandanielyan
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 16, 2008
            At last with a large delay I found a time to test my programmer
            board with WinARM and lpc21isp. It works! One just needs to
            write in the Makefile
            LPC21ISP_OPTIONS = -ADARM -control

            If anybody is interested, I placed schematic and photo in the Files
            section.

            Again great thanks for help and hints.
            Varuzhan

            --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "varuzhandanielyan" <dan@...> wrote:

            > Great thanks for everybody. In couple of days will be ready a
            > simple USB programmer of my design and I will try LPC21isp and
            > share results.
            >
            > Varuzhan

            > > varuzhandanielyan Wrote
            > > >NXP (former Philips) LPC series downloaders use the COM port RTS
            > and
            > > >DTR signals to switch microcontroller to bootloader mode instead of
            > > >buttons, using very simple additional hardware. The same can be
            > done
            > > >for the ADUC series microcontrollers, having bootloader program,
            > > >supporting the RTS and DTR signals. Before starting to write my
            > own
            > > >bootloader (if found enough time) I want to ask, if such program
            > exists.
            > >
            > > I added support to LPC21isp for this.

            > > It's been a while since I've used it but it worked fine for the
            > micro I was
            > > using.
            > >
            > > See bottom of
            > >
            > > http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/InSystemProgramming.html
            > >
            > > For an example interface schematic.
            > >

            > > Robert

            > > mail2web.com – What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?
            > > http://link.mail2web.com/Business/SharePoint

          • paloalgodon
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
              --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "varuzhandanielyan" <dan@...> wrote:

              > Great thanks for everybody. In couple of days will be ready a
              > simple USB programmer of my design and I will try LPC21isp and
              > share results.
              >
              > Varuzhan

              > > varuzhandanielyan Wrote
              > > >NXP (former Philips) LPC series downloaders use the COM port RTS
              > and
              > > >DTR signals to switch microcontroller to bootloader mode instead of
              > > >buttons, using very simple additional hardware. The same can be
              > done
              > > >for the ADUC series microcontrollers, having bootloader program,
              > > >supporting the RTS and DTR signals. Before starting to write my
              > own
              > > >bootloader (if found enough time) I want to ask, if such program
              > exists.
              > >
              > > I added support to LPC21isp for this.

              > > It's been a while since I've used it but it worked fine for the
              > micro I was
              > > using.
              > >
              > > See bottom of
              > >
              > > http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/InSystemProgramming.html
              > >
              > > For an example interface schematic.
              > >

              > > Robert

              > > mail2web.com � What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?
              > > http://link.mail2web.com/Business/SharePoint

              FYI, I've just modified the latest lpc21isp (v1.56, only tested on
              FreeBSD) to swap and/or invert those handshaking lines to increase
              flexibility. You should probably read up on the thread "usage of
              handshake lines for programming. seems inside-out" (at
              lpc21isp@yahoogroups.com) for a discussion of usage and reasoning
              before designing pcb's for it. I've used it (lpc21isp) with both NXP
              and ADuC boards and it integrates into your makefile nicely for
              one-step build & burn.

              Steve